Garage doors surprisingly seem to be the dark spot in the security of homes; even with the increasing sophistication of home security devices.
It is a commonplace to see homes well-wired with security cameras and gadgets from the top down, the front door to the back doors – yet; show remarkable negligence to how secure the garage door could be.
Often, the only security you’d find on standard garage doors is a simple regular cylinder-shaped lock on its handle – that’s it, nothing else.
Unfortunately, these locks are not very secure; they are easily forced open, and home burglars know this too well; hence, they are not even an effective deterrent.
According to statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, nearly 2 million home burglaries occur every year in the United States, 66 percent of these attacks occur in residential buildings, and that thieves prefer homes with easy access – that’s homes with no security measures in place.
3 Steps to Secure a Garage door
- Add additional locks like the garage door defender
- Block easy access to the release cord via fishing with a homemade lock shield
- Add a garage alarm system (See our product below)
- Do not keep the remote clicker in your car
- Hocky-puc shackleless padlock.
- Flat Base for Bolting Down.
- 2 Bolts Supplied.
- SUPPLIED WITH LOCK.
So you see it’s critical that you take every step necessary to secure your garage doors – make them difficult to break into – by installing sufficient security details such as the Skylink GM-434RTL Wireless Long Range Household Alert & Alarm Home Security Safety Protection Garage Door Monitor System Kit.
Why Should You Install The Skylink GM-434RTL Wireless Long Range Home Security System?
Well, as it turns out, you are a concerned homeowner eager to protect your property from break-ins; you’re willing to invest in security devices that would enable you to monitor your home perimeter, keep an eye on your garage door; and of course, get notified when an intruder is nearby.
So, which security device on the market today except the Skylink Gm-434RTL offers you a bang for your money, fits the bill, and does exactly what it says it would do – that protects your garage door – at this price point?
- NO MONTHLY FEES easy DIY (Do It Yourself) installation.
- 2in1 Alert/Alarm Modes, notifies you when a garage door is open with both audio and visual indicators. Protect valuables in your garage.
- BUILT-IN SIREN at a piercing 95 decibels for maximum protection. Long operating range up to 800 feet in open area.
- EXPANDABLE SYSTEM: Add up to 16 sensors i.e. Motion sensors, window/ door sensors, water/leak sensors and garage door sensors.
- One HA-434RL Household Alert Receiver (AC/DC adapter included) & Two HA-434TL Indoor/Outdoor Motion Sensor (Battery not included)
What makes Skylink GM-434RTL Great
• NO Monthly Fees & Easy Installation: Most homeowners including you, I believe prefer a one-off purchase without monthly fees for their home security gadgets. Sky link GM-434RTL offers you just that – and thankfully, it’s easy do it yourself installation – just read through the user manual and follow the instructions and within minutes have your device up and running.
• 2in1 Alert Modes: The Skylink GM-434RTL security system comes packed with two alarm mode that notifies you about the state of your garage door – it beeps and flashes LED light when the door is open, and it also lets you know whether the garage door is closed.
• In-built Loud Siren: Set the alert system to wail a deafening 95 decibels for protection, especially when living in an open area. Provides maximum protection for up to 800 feet.
• Expand the capability of the system: Boost what your Skylink Gm-434RTL can do with over 16 sensors which include detecting motion, notifying you of open windows and doors, letting you of water leakages, and so much more.
. Comprises One HA-434RL Household Alert Receiver: the package comes with one HA-434RL receiver, an AC/DC adapter and two HA-434TL indoor and outdoor motion sensors.
Operating your Skylink-GM434RTL System
After installing the alert system in your garage door – please check the buyer manual for the guide on how to install, it is pretty easy and straightforward – it is time to put your new security device to work.
Depending on your preference, time of the day, and what you will be doing at any given time – you can set the system to one of the three built-in operating modes. Note that regardless of the mode you set, the device would flash an LED light to notify you of any movement detected, or when you left the garage door open.
However, you can select the type of audio you’d want to be accompanied with the flashing LED.
• The Alert mode: This mode notifies you whenever the sensors are triggered – it usually emits beeps.
• The Alarm mode: this mode is primarily used to scare off intruders from your property, when triggered it emits a 95 decibels siren.
• The Off mode: set the device to the off mode if you don’t want any audio; you only get the flashing LED whenever the sensors are activated.
The system comes with a built-in supervised sensor feature that lets you monitor the battery life of the device.
If you have a large area to sweep through with the sensors, you may want to consider expanding the sensor reach by purchasing and adding extra sensors up to 16 to use with your HA-434RL Household alert receiver.
This newly expanded capability enables you to monitor up to four different zones on your property.
What you get with the Alert Sensor WD-434TL
• Extensive operating range up to 800 feet
• In-built 95-decibel siren to scare off intruders
• Battery life indicator to monitor when the battery is low
• LED plus audio alert indicator
• Get notified when the garage door is open
• Comes built with a 2-in-1 Alert/Alarm modes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Skylink GM-434RTL Alert system hold up in cold weather?
A: The Skylink GM434RTL security system works great regardless of the weather condition; it holds up pretty fine in cold weather and also during the rains too.
Q: Once the alarm is activated does it keep sounding until turned off manually?
A: Depending on the zone that was triggered, it would sound four times and reset. For instance, if the sensors in Zone 1 are triggered, they would sound one tone, four times then stop; it is Zone 2, two tones for 4 times then reset and so on.
Q: Does the wireless signal need internet or cell phone signal to function?
A: No it doesn’t require any internet or cell phone connection to work.
Q: How far apart can I place two units?
A: First, you don’t want to place the sensors too close as that would defeat the goal of covering a larger area. Having said that, you can set the units as far apart as possible provided they are within range of the base station – 800 feet.
Note that the zone number of the sensors out of reach will blink continuously on the base station until you plant them within range.
Wrapping it up
The Skylink GM-434RTL system offers a dynamic, versatile security setup that enables you to secure your garage door, notifies you when it is open and of course, scares off intruders.
The Skylink Gm-434RTL security system is worth every cent and will in the long term save you from the menace of a burglarized home.
Further videos to help secure your garage door