Hidden gun safes are typically ones you would mount to the underside of your bed or desk for quick action should intruders get into your house. Most are also mountable in your car’s trunk which can be handy on hunting trips if you’re worried about security and safety. Whichever you choose, they typically hold one small gun or one long gun and some ammo but bigger ones are available. While they don’t offer the full range of benefits of full-size gun safes they still play a vital role in home defense or when out on the road. They are also a popular way of decentralizing your gun collection so you don’t have all your firearms in one place.
The Model 40 has the capacity to take a firearm up to 39.5” in length and is intended for vehicle use. You can use the pre-drilled holes to mount it in your vehicle’s trunk or larger vehicles’ floors. The layout of the holes also gives you the option to bolt several Model 40s together.
We like the quick access afforded by the Model 40 through its touchpad electronic lock, opening to reveal your gun held with a pair of quick-release straps.
Thanks to its generous depth of 13” you can store your weapon with its scope already attached, saving you precious time not having to re-zero it. The body of the Model 40 is a robust, all-welded steel case featuring a full-length ‘piano-hinge’ style recessed door. For extra security the door has a three-point lock with hardened steel lock rods. The Fast Box touchpad electronic lock is reliable but they include a key for manual override should the situation arise. One aspect to the electronic lock is that it makes no beeping sound and only a quiet sound from the locking posts.
Internally, neoprene inserts solidly hold your firearm. You can also purchase internal bins to increase the unit’s flexibility. The Model 40 comfortably holds a long gun up to 39.5” in length. Its louvered back panel allows you to add four hand guns if you use bins, or two long guns if you buy a vertical dividing kit. The product’s external dimensions measure 6.5” (H) x 40” (W) x 13” (D). It weighs a substantial 45 lbs, giving you confidence in a quality product!
The Model 47 hidden gun safe is perfect for long gun home defense purposes. Whether you place several around your home or use the pre-drilled holes to bolt additional units together, these are easy to secure under beds or secrete elsewhere. The substantial 13” depth means you can be ready at the drop of a hat – with the scope and magazine already attached. The Fast Box is a heavy duty all-welded steel assembly.
As sold, the Model 47 can take one long gun up to 46.5”. Thanks to its louvered back plate, adapting and upgrading options are simplicity itself. Internal storage can be altered by purchasing bins. If you insert three bins you can carry six small guns. Alternatively, inserting a ‘vertical kit’ will convert this to hold a pair of long guns.
Even if you have a gun safe in your property, purchasing one or more of these hidden units allow you to decentralize your collection, giving you access to your firearms no matter which room you are in.
The external dimensions of the Model 47 are 6.5” (H) x 47” (W) x 13” (D) and it weighs a satisfyingly solid 47 lbs. Internally, this unit uses neoprene cushioning to keep your firearm in tiptop condition.
Vaultek Slider Series Rugged Smart Handgun Safe Quick Open Pistol Safe
- NEW Increased height fits full-size 1911s or handguns up to 8.875” in overall length. Signature three-point PRECISION RAIL SYSTEM with ball bearing guides rapidly deploys the safe open and presents firearm in the ready position in fractions of a second. 4 FAST ACCESS POINTS with OVERSIZED fingerprint scanner, rapid fire backlit keypad, Smartphone, and manual keys. Smart Key Compatible (not included).
- SLIM VERTICAL DESIGN stores great under a desk or nightstand, discreetly on a bookshelf, or inconspicuously in a vehicle. INCLUDED Proprietary Mounting Plate allows for multiple mounting options and removes from the safe in seconds (when safe is opened first).
- SMART Bluetooth connectivity provides a highly interactive experience from your smartphone with the Bluetooth app. You can view battery levels, history log, check for tampering, and unlock the safe when in range with your phone. A RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY provides power up to 4 months, and charges in 2.5 hours with the included micro-USB charging kit.
- Tough and rugged 16-gauge carbon steel construction with a durable finish prevents corrosion and ensures long lasting protection of your firearm for years to come. Vaultek standard security features such as a single anti-impact latch keeps the safe securely locked under impact.
- Interior features a high-density foam holster to protect a FULL SIZE FIREARM PLUS SPARE MAGAZINE. Responsive lighting illuminates the keypad via proximity sensor in low light situations and easily view your firearm with an adjustable interior LED light.
Ideal for beside your desk, the Vaultek Slider is an amazing bit of kit. It snugly holds your hand gun and spare ammo clip within its stylish lines. The slim vertical design is so inconspicuous you could even keep it on a bookshelf and it wouldn’t look out of place.
The mechanics of the Vaultek are beyond reproach. Using a three-point precision monorail system and ball bearing guides, the stowed firearm is deployed ready to use. The action is whisper quiet and fast, ideal for when you need your gun at a moment’s notice. Access is by either a biometric fingerprint scanner or manual key depending on the model you choose. In case of battery failure the biometric version has a manual key override as backup.
One of the neat features of the Vaultek is that it comes with a smartphone app that alerts you when the battery is getting low. You can then connect a micro USB power cable to it which will charge the Li-ion battery in a matter of hours. The app also tracks if your gun safe has been tampered with and also allows you to manage up to twenty access fingerprints.
Attaching this to the knee space of your desk is a breeze. It features a bespoke mounting plate with VESA 75mm and 100mm hole layouts that gives you the option of lifting the safe away instantly. The body of the safe is a 16-gauge unibody carbon steel without welds and sports a professional black finish. Internally there is another useful feature: an adjustable LED light that illuminates your firearm, something that you will certainly appreciate if the power is cut to your home.
So there you have it, three of the best hidden or concealed gun safes you can get on the market today. Whether you use them for small guns, long guns or to spread your firearms across your property we think that each of these offers you something special for your money. All three are robust, mechanically sound and reliable. Reliability is probably the most important aspect to any gun enclosure – if you were to be the victim of a home invasion you would expect – no, demand – your gun safe to be there for you and your family.