There is a lot more to consider than just alarms and security cameras when making plans to rig your property with a security system. Some pertinent questions to ask include; figuring out how the new system will be powered – it is ideal for your specific need to have a security system running on battery, or connected to the AC power grid, or powered by solar.
Answering this question depends largely on some factors such as: Is AC power available where you want to install the security system? Is the location of the property accessible?
The reality, however, is that often times; you may have a need to monitor off-grid sites, or inaccessible locations that are difficult to run wire – in these cases, installing a solar powered security camera comes in handy.
But, one more challenge you’d face is deciding which product to purchase since there are several options on the market today.
So, today I’d be reviewing 3 of the best solar powered wireless security outdoor cameras on the market based on the positive feedback from users and their features.
- [Rechargeable Battery & Solar Panel Powered] With a micro USB connector on the battery, the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi camera can be fully charged by universal 5V 2A phone adapter in 4 hrs. Or get non-stop power charged by solar panel ( No power adapter or Solor Panel packed in)
- [100% Wire Free & Weatherproof] No wire at all. No need base station. Supports up to 64G SD card for motion recording. Supports IP65 weatherproof for both indoor and outdoor use.
- [1080p Starlight Color Night Vision] 2MP clear and bright video image. With Starlight image sensor can support 36ft color night vision.
- [PIR Motion Sensor & 2-Way Audio] Triggered by PIR motion sensor with more accurate alarm. Can listen and talk via Reolink FREE app.
- [After Sales Service & Warranty] Lifetime technical support and 2 years warranty for all Reolink produccts.
Reolink Argus 2 outdoor solar powered security camera is a compact inconspicuous monitoring device you can mount anywhere, and it takes only a few minutes to set up and is surprisingly inexpensive.
Avoid the hassles of running a wire to power the system; and also eliminate the expense of changing batteries – it comes with a solar panel that powers the system for you.
Features we love about the Reolink Security Camera
-Comes with a solar panel that powers the camera and is designed for Reo Argus Pro, Reolink Argus 2, and Reolink Go.
-No wire connection required – uses wireless Wi-Fi to connect with a monitoring screen.
-Neat and easy setup – you don’t need to drill holes, saves you installation fees.
-Rechargeable battery with a micro USB port to connect the battery.
-The wireless camera can be charged by either plugging to a 5v 2A power outlet or using the solar panel.
-Full HD, crisp and clear night vision gives out 1080p video with 1920 * 1080 resolutions – making it one of the top-end security cameras.
-Features an inbuilt starlight image sensor with 7 infrared sensors that enable a clear night vision – can see up to 36 feet night vision.
-Has highly sensitive sensor that captures every motion and details within line of sight – the motion sensor comes with 3 settings – 50 ft. Setting for large objects like vehicles; 29.5 ft. for animals, humans; and reduced sensitivity.
-Note that lowering the sensitivity cuts down false alarms – which also means, it might not capture everything out there.
-Receive push notification on the Reolink app when a motion event is detected no matter your location.
-Record and save video either on the SD (up to 4GB) and or on the Reolink Cloud – get a free 10GB cloud storage for 15 days.
To watch a video review, check out Paul Hibbert’s review.
Lynx Solar Weatherproof Outdoor Wi-Fi Solar Panel Security Camera
- Solar powered - Powered by the sun, means you only need 1 sunny day to power the camera for up to 7 days in the event of a power/Internet outage.
- Facial recognition - intelligent facial recognition lets you choose who your camera recognizes, get a check-in notification with familiar faces. Network Security : WEP (40-bit, 128-bit)/WPA (TKIP,AES)/WPA2 (TKIP,AES)
- HD video quality - crystal clear HD real-time live video streaming and recording from your mobile device using the Tend secure app from any location
- Free cloud storage - backup and review videos with our cloud storage, included with your purchase. It is free, so you can always see what has happened for the previous 7 days.
- Motion detection & instant alerts - get immediate notifications on your mobile device for events triggered by motion detection
Though more expensive than the Reolink Argus 2, this security camera by Tend Insights Inc. comes packed full with smart features that sure makes money spent worth it. The Facial recognition, live streaming, and animal detection feature place this security camera on the high-end.
Easily install solar panel where there’s enough sunlight and enjoy your smart even when there’s power outage for up to 7 days.
Lynx Security Solar Camera Features
-A large surfaced solar panel that harvests sufficient solar energy to power the security camera – it needs one day of charging to power your system for up to 7 days without needing any recharge.
-Having the solar panel means you can install and operate the security camera in any location without the constraints of needing a wire or AC power source.
-The innovative, intelligent facial recognition feature allows you to set the pictures of those you want the system to recognize and get check-in notifications when familiar faces get within the range of your security camera. On the other hand, you also get an alarm if a stranger is caught on your camera.
-Crisp, crystal clear HD video quality the Lynx security Cam runs on a 1080p at 30 frames/sec.
-Comes with the capacity for real-time, video streaming using the Tend app on your smartphone you can remotely monitor your security cam.
-Backup and playback videos on the cloud come as part of the package you bought. You are able to see what was captured for the past 7 days.
-Toggle the night vision on and off from the Tend App; also flip the images to the right position if you mistakenly installed it upside down.
-Has inbuilt storage that allows the Lynx cam store video for up to three days when the Wi-Fi___33 connection is lost, and automatically uploads it to the cloud once the internet connection is restored.
Funxwe 1080P Full-HD Solar Power Wi-Fi___33 IP Security Camera
- 2.0 Megapixels, 1080P-(1920*1080) 1/2.8 Starlight Sensor, More clear and brightness at night, Night Vision distance 260 ft (80 meters). Lens: 6 mm, 3x digital zoom. Aluminium alloy metal shell, Outdoor waterproof IP66. WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n.
- Efficient thin-film solar panels supply power to camera and charge battery, Built-in 2 pcs 11600mAh Lithium batteries, battery life is about 5 years. Standby time is about two days after fully charged, it will work continuously and store power when sunshine up to 33°C.
- Free App IPCView or CamHi for iOS iPhone Android Smartphone, Tablet. Remotely access on App or PC Client software. Built-in 16G TF card, Support max 128G TF microSD card. Support the scheduled record, Snapshot, Loop recording, Intelligent playback remotely.
- Two ways to connect: By AP function Peer-to-Peer connect to cellphone directly. By WiFi router, Plug&Play, Easy wireless installation. Support three-level account and user authority management. Support 4 Independent detection areas, Sensitivity is adjustable.
- Motion Detection can send Email photo alert, Push alert notifications, Snapshot or Video recording to FTP or SD card. Two-year free replacement of spare parts warranty, excluding battery. Please contact us if any problems, Email: [email protected]
Do you need a surveillance cam out in the field with no power? The Funxwe 1080P HD wireless solar powered security camera is the right choice.
This device is top of the top when it comes to monitoring your property – it comes packed with the usual features we have come to expect from every modern surveillance camera and much more.
Features of the Funxwe Security Camera
-29Megapixels Full-HD camera with 1920*1080, 12/2.8 highly sensitive starlight sensors for night vision up to 100m that gives you clear, crisp images and videos regardless of what time of the day it is.
-Encased in a durable Aluminum alloy with an IP66 waterproof rating.
-Comes with efficient thin-film solar panels to power the camera and charge built-in double lithium batteries of 11600mAh – the cells have a lifetime of about 5 years and can last 2 days after a full charge.
-An SD microSD card port that supports up to 128GB that records events locally on the device which can be played back, snapshot and or looped.
-Comes with a free app IPCView that is compatible with your iOS, Android smartphones that enables you view and listen in on your security cam remotely.
Securing your property does not get any better than this – no worries about regular battery change; no need for wires – all you have to do is follow the easy install steps for each system and you’ll up and running in no time.
These solar powered outdoor security systems are handpicked, and I believe you get a bang for your money.