A package delivery box is a box that is used to add an extra, incognito layer of security to any package that is delivered to your doorstep. There are many different options that you can choose from when picking out a box which will blend in nicely with your home.
Essentially, a package lock box consists of a box of varying sizes and a lock. Courier services will drop the package at your home in your box and your package will be safe and secure until you arrive home. They need to be a decent size, unlike dedicated key boxes which can be a few inches.
We have put together this guide of the 3 best package lock boxes to help you decide which one will work best for you and your needs.
Architectural Mailboxes 6900RZ Elephantrunk
- Rotating drum design accepts large parcels
- Retrieval door equipped with pry-resistant 3-point lock system with 2 keys
- Bolts securely to the ground
- Equipped with a yellow "No Deliveries" indicator
- Leave parcels behind the outgoing partition for pick up by carrier
The Elephantrunk is an ideal solution for all package deliveries. With the Elphantrunk, you won’t have to worry about your packages being stolen right from your front lawn.
This full service package lock box is spacious enough for multiple packages to be delivered and stored in it. There is also a space for outgoing mail as well as a “vacation stopper” which when engaged will not allow packages to be delivered.
The Elphantrunk is made from cast aluminum and heavy gauge steel powder for durability. It comes in four friendly colors to match your outside home decor. It won’t look out of place at your curb, but instead will blend nicely with your neighborhood aesthetic.
It comes equipped with a rotating drum design to accept large packages, a retrieval door with a 3-point lock system and 2 key. This package lock box bolts securely to the ground. A yellow “no deliveries” indicator can be engaged when you are done receiving any packages. You will also be able to leave outgoing packages to be picked up by your carrier in the box.
- Bolts securely to the ground
- Shock absorbing cushion protects package drops
- Equipped with adjustable leveling feet
- Can be easily damaged in severe weather
BoxLock Package Delivery Lock
- CONVENIENT PROTECTION - Protect your deliveries from porch pirates and package thieves with Box Lock, the simple, convenient way to protect your package deliveries from all major carriers
- SIMPLE DESIGN - Smart Padlock design works with a broad range of hasped storage containers, sheds, gates and doors.Shackle made from hardened steel to help resist unauthorized opening
- EASY TO USE APP - Automatically collect and track packages from UPS, USPS, FedEx and in one place with the Box Lock mobile app, receive notifications when packages are securely delivered using Box Lock
- SHAREABLE ACCESS CODES - Share access by texting or e-mailing barcodes to friends or family for one-time use, multiple uses or specific dates
- READY FOR THE ELEMENTS - Rechargeable, weather resistant, connects to 2. 4Ghz Wi-Fi and lasts 45-90 days on a single charge
The BoxLock package delivery lock is a simple and convenient way to protect your deliveries. Delivery drivers are easily able to grab the box lock, scan the tracking number on your package, and drop it off. Once a scan occurs, the lock will connect to your WiFi and it will unlock based on whether or not the package is for you and supposed to be delivered to your address. This will allow the delivery driver to drop the package into your box and secure it.
This BoxLock lock works with a mobile app that allows your to track all the packages that you are expecting to be delivered. It automatically inputs and sorts tracking numbers so you don’t have to do it manually.
With the BoxLock lock you can protect your deliveries from porch pirates and package thieves. The mobile app will allow you to receive notifications when packages are delivered so you know everything is safely tucked away into your box until your arrival home. You can also share a one time barcode for family members, friends, even packages that need a signature. All they need to do is scan their code and leave whatever item they have for you in the box.
- Effortless tracking with the mobile app
- Padlock is immune from bolt cutters
- Reliable WiFi connection
- Some delivery drivers do not use it
Step2 583099 Express Package Delivery Box
- Keeps deliveries out of sight from porch pirates and nosy neighbors
- Durable, sturdy plastic construction keeps your packages clean and dry
- Large, easy-open lid makes retrieving packages quick and easy
- “Deliveries” clearly marked on all sides to alert carriers to use your package box
- Spacious interior (25” X 15” X 18”) accommodates most common parcel sizes
The Step2 Express package delivery box is designed to be completely weather resistant and keep your packages safe from package thieves and nosy neighbors at that. Your mail courier will know that the box is designed for your packages as it says “deliveries” right on the front. By removing the secure lid, you can easily remove your packages. The spacious box will allow you to have packages of all different sizes delivered.
This Step2 Express delivery box has traditional styling that will nicely blend in with any home decor and will be aesthetically pleasing in your neighborhood. The spacious interior hold packages of almost any size. It is made of strong and durable plastic that can withstand all types of weather and will protect your packages from the elements.
- Keeps packages dry
- Easily removable lid
- Nice, traditional design
- No place for a lock
Understanding The Package Lock Box
The use of a package lock box is all about the safety and security of your packages. By buying a secure package delivery box, you are ensuring that your packages will be less obvious to thefts. Porch pirates will have to move onto their next victim once they realize that you have a package lock box for all of your mail.
There are a few factors you want to take into account when purchasing a package lock box. First, you’ll want to consider the size of the box in relation to the size of the packages that you will receive. If your package does not fit in your box, your mail carrier will end up place the package outside the box voiding the purpose altogether.
You should also take into account your budget when you are considering purchasing a package lock box. If you cannot afford to spend money on the top of line box, don’t do it. Of course, you want a package lock box that fits your needs but there is no need to spend a ton of money if you don’t have it.
You’ll also want to take a look at the exterior of the box and make sure it matches the look of the exterior of your home and that it will fit in appropriately.
Having a package lock box is deal, especially today when you are constantly receiving packages when you are not home. They will save you a massive headache that could occur if package pirates get a hold of your items. We hope that this guide has helped you choose which package lock box is best for you and your needs.
You might also like: